Thursday, December 9, 2010

the yummiest cheesecake...

Whenever I am out at night its either I'm in a bar or you can surely catch me at any Starbucks in Manila. I love Starbucks! But I believe in some countries particularly in the USA, hates Starbucks. Maybe because the lines in Starbucks are very long and people stay their for meet ups and gatherings and etc. For them Starbucks is like Philippines' "kape sa tabi tabi!" that's probably why they hate it so much.

Well here in the Philippines when you think Starbucks its like "sosyal" and expensive. Which is true because about 55 % of the Population in the Philippines can't afford a coffee which is worth 150PhP per cup. Or maybe they have 150Php but won't buy a cup of Starbucks because there's tons of good coffee which only costs 5Php per sachet meaning you can have more coffee for a day rather than one coffee a day from Starbucks.

Anyways.. I LOVE STARBUCKS. I went one night with my sisters.



these are my pretty sisters robi and jheii... enjoying their Toffee Nut Frappe (this is one of my favorite drinks, you can have it cold or hot, I like the cold drink rather than the hot. but anything goes. they only offer it during the Christmas Season starting November til February then they give those cards where you complete the stickers then they give you a free planner once you complete them) and White Chocolate Mocha espresso (i discovered this drink when i was drunk.lol. me and my friends had a few drinks at harbor square near ccp complex in some bar called COAL. then right after we all went for coffee to fade our tipsy feeling so while ordering the lady mistakenly heard me wrong, so she gave me this drink rather that hot chocolate... anyways it was amazing..! i fell in love with it!)
this is a ginger bread cookie which i have no clue what it tastes like because i really never bought one. so i figured since we're here and seems like everyone at that time had one. so i figured to buy one as well. at first it was so hard. you can't bite it because the cookie was like a hard rock. the taste was ok. it goes very well with the hot white choco mocha. you can taste the sweet ginger syrup, the cinnamon, the powdered sugar.


!!and for the finale! Almond Roca Cheesecake. The best cheesecake ever! You got to have one when you visit Starbucks! a slice costs 110Php and a whole cake is about 1200Php or more. its like a bread pudding with ricotta cheese and almonds. i was nervous it might have raisins in it but it was amazing! once you have a spoon full of it, the cheese melts in your mouth the nuts are crunchy and the chocolate was enough to sweetened it up. YUMMY!!!!!!!



These are my Starbucks obsessions...
Happy New Year!!!
Enjoy!
Eat Happy Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I don't drink coffee.. but I go to starbucks for the sandwiches and the pastries! hehe

    But I must admit, I only recently tried the Toffee Nut Frappe, and I actually liked it :)

    By the way, I loved the almond roca Cheesecake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to hear coming from The Pickiest Eater himself! hahaha! thanks for noticing my blogs, even though they're not that great to read not like yours sir.

    Looking forward to your next food pick.!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...