Saturday, January 8, 2011

Libyanas and Libyanos Get-together Dinner

I grew up in a small country in North Africa called Libya... I lived there for 16 years! And I miss that place...Met all my friends there.. but a few was not entirely communicating...

so...me and my childhood friends / classmates in Libya wanted to have get together dinner...
and of course Me being the uber excited person that I am, offered my place to have the dinner... even offered that I'll be the one responsible for the cooking and drinking.. since I'm the cook among the barkada...

so what's for starters? i gave them a Tuna Pate Platter with Wheat Bread and also Cheese Kebabs...

this is one of my favorite appetizers... mixed tuna, mayo, spring onions, paprika, salt and pepper..

cheese and tomato... enough to wait for the main course..

They couldn't wait for the real deal...

i wasn't expecting to be that good though, it was my first time to use egg for Carbonara, so here i am i tried it and it was ok... used a real pork for it and then green peas.

Broiled Cream Dory with Cherry Tomatoes and Olives. its the best there is. it was the best thing they ever tasted. cream dory, cherry tomatoes and green olives....

and my personal favorite... Roast Chicken!

We were all full!! I was even happier when not only my friends from Libya came but also my friends here in the Philippines. I love it! After dinner we all went for a few bottles of beers and bonded more!

i missed our days in Libya.. it was funny because way back in Libya... My house was also know as the Meeting Place or the Landmark for some events or occasions. We always wanted to meet at my house. and now leaving in Manila brings back memories...
my Libyan Family with my two lovely sisters...
Jessica and Joseph with my sisters again...
CHEERS FOR THE LIBYANS!


ENJOY..
EAT HAPPY EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...