Thursday, October 20, 2011

They did it again!!! OPAH!!!!


My dearest readers and viewers from where ever you are from.. these past few days I've been very happy with the outcome of my food adventures.
"patawad mga kaibigan kung hindi kaagad ako nakapag blog.." hehehe
Lately I've been given an opportunity to visit some of the hippest and coolest resto there is in Manila, which is very kind of them. I will be visiting your stores soon.

The thing about blogging is…. BEING YOURSELF! Doesn’t matter whether it is bad or good! As long as you write what is in your head going to the vein of your hands. You just need to write or in this case type everything that your mind dictates. I will be honest in all my blogs and I will make sure that people will learn from my blog.
As most of you know I stopped working for call center due to personal and very sensitive matter plus the fact that I miss eating and adventuring on the newest resto and their specialties.. So as a hobby, with a big appetite and being the “masyadong gala” that I am, I eat then blog!
 My mom, My sister (Saly) and My brother (Rj)


Me (a Papa's Girl) and My Dad


October 15, 2011, my mom was too lazy to cook lunch she just decided to go to Robinsons Midtown which is the only Mall that is near to my apartment and eat there. While trying to find a restaurant there we passed by CYMA again! As mention in my previous blog about CYMA Robinsons Midtown, I was very very very satisfied and happy with the first visit. I gave them a 2 THUMBS UP! Words can’t describe how excellent their service was.
My Dad, being the pickiest eater among the family checked out the menu first making sure they have what he wants. (yep! That’s my dad!) So as my family checked the displayed menu, the crew, (as they always do) put a smile on their faces and just welcomed us as if it’s our first time. Who wouldn’t be encouraged to sit and dine in to the elegant ambiance that they have.
I LOVE YOU GUYS….!
 So we sat near the entrance, Mars (the ever dearest receptionist) introduced us to our server named “Jaeyang”. I’m not really sure if I spelled that correctly and I’m really terrible with names. I’m sorry “Jaeyang”. (he told me that he likes KPOP, that’s why he’s name was a resembles). Please bare with me.. I hope the next visit, I will memorize all of your names. He was dressed neatly and He was very Charming. He has a serious eyes but it didn’t stopped him from smiling.
And again.. “school mate from PWU” parating kong nakakalimutan ang name mo! I do hope you could forgive me with this. But your Manager certainly knows who you are. I always like how people greets every guests, even though it is very late. You guys still have a smile on your faces. Sana hindi ito sa umpisa lang.

So we sat there… waiting for our orders, which by the way took forever because we were so slow in choosing which to have. We were such a chaos family. We were really laughing hard and trying to crack silly jokes to our servers.  


As a family, we always loved salad, any kind of salad. So we got the Roka Salata P495.00 (To share), their best selling salad. I’m not really a fan of aragula but my dad and mom loves it. And just as soon “Jaeyang” described what’s in the salad. They just went for it. “Ah ok! Sige yung nalang!”


My mom, who terribly missed the feast in Libya, ordered 2 chops of lamb with roasted potato wedges topped with parmesan cheese and greens on the side lemon wedge. It is called CYMA Lamb Chops P690.00 (Loin Rack Chops). I’m not sure if this is charcoal –grilled or oven roasted chops. It really didn’t taste any smoked wood or anything like that, but the aroma and the flavor are nice. Important thing for me and so as my mom, every time we buy Lamb chops, it’s NOT FRESH! It’s amazing how CYMA keeps their meat fresh and “hindi mabaho/malansa”. Thumbs up!
 My mother’s comment on this was the meat was not tender but it is cooked. The taste is perfect and the sauce of the lamb was incredible and the potatoes had a kick to it - it’s very soft and the aroma was great.


If there’s one person who knows STEAK in the family, that would be my brother, RJ. He sure knows how to have it, how he likes it and how it supposes to taste like. He, together with my dad and my sister (Rosalie) ordered CYMA Fillet Mignon P500.00. The mignon was topped with Flat Feta Cheese with crushed garlic. I think it was pan-seared then baked. The cheese adds saltiness to the fillet. The sauce has an authenticity to it. Lemony and Pepper like sauce.
 The beef fillet reminded my brother of the taste in a local restaurant in Libya called “Las Cala” (a fused French-Italian Cuisine) and the sauce is amazing. He said the tenderness of the beef is not that good but the taste and flavor is perfect.


And as for me I ordered a very cheap dish yet so messy to eat, Chicken Gyro P160.00 with roasted potatoes.  YUM OH! This is similar to a Shawarma, the pita bread is thicker and it has a different sauce to it. The veggies that are used tasted fresh coriander and onion and tomatoes. Everything is simple yet plentiful.


Just a secret my beloved and favorite staff of CYMA, my family likes your restaurant. Whether or not the meat is tender but the taste is GREAT? Who cares if it’s not tender or cooked “medium-rare”. It’s the taste that matter or probably it should still be “eat-able”.  Both my parents are above the age of 50 so it’s normal that the tenderness of a mignon is not right for their teeth and tongue. (oooopsss… sorry mom and dad!) I tasted a slice, it was just the right touch or pinch of how it’s suppose to be.
For my brother, he loved it! And I believe he told “Jaeyang” He would return for another Mignon. Unfortunately we had to go back to Rizal. He said he, liked how people served in CYMA. He was actually expecting an earlier scream of “OPAH” but fortunately when he was almost done with his dish, another guest ordered a specialty which enables servers to scream/greet “OPAH”.

Drinks were the same. Lemonade and Soft drinks. The good thing about a casual or a fine dining restaurant you get to instruct or request or customize their dishes. “please no garlic on any dish” ; “separate the dressing from the mixed greens” ; things like this makes a guest/customer feel welcome and they feel ,that as a server or a staff from a CLASS A restaurant, actually cares for them. Giving more tissues, checking the guests of how they liked their food, asking them if they still need something or something that guests will say “aba! Ang galing naman ng service nila!”.

Personally , I get tired. That’s a fact. But giving service especially in the hospitality industry, we learn how to control our weaknesses and our disabilities. If you want to want an establishment to be known, why not give it your best. Out of any restaurants I’ve been to this year 2011, CYMA Robinsons Midtown is my TOP 1 Best Restaurant for Year 2011.  I would like to tell the Director of the CYMA Restaurants to give tap on the back or if it would be granted to give MR. Gerald Flores, a big raise. He disciplines his staff very well. That’s very rare in restaurants. (here I go again with names I hope I spelled or I got it right, Mr. Flores. Please forgive me for forgetting names.) But you know who you are! Good Job! 

Oh before I even forget.... Thank you for giving as the Apple Pie with caramel and Vanilla ice cream dessert. Milopita P175.00. Fillo Pastry (Flour based Wrapper) formed into triangles with glazed syrup, wallnuts and again vanilla ice cream! It was really good. We were actually planning to have dessert somewhere else but you gave us that dessert and right then and there we knew we had a complete and ultimate lunch! KWAIZ MIYA MIYA!!! GOOD JOB!




To my dearest viewers and readers… Please visit CYMA Greek Taverna at the 2nd floor of Robinson’s Midtown, Ermita Manila. You will surely enjoy the food (not just the food), the clean and relaxing ambiance, the most amazing staff, those charming managers and obviously the whole Greek style. Just a tip from me to you ; NEVER be shy in saying/screaming/shouting “OPAH!”! You will surely enjoy it!

To the wonderful staff of CYMA Robinsons Midtown…..THANK YOU! AND SEE YOU AGAIN! I will be expecting for more and please don’t hesitate to surprise me!

Thank YOU!
Eat HAPPY Everyone!!
Kwaizz miya miya!!

Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl


P.S.
According to one of my friends who works in CYMA. They now offer Catering services. I'm not sure about the Menu or how it is done. But you can always call them in their Contact Numbers.
*to my crush at the back of the house from NSG, you know who you are! hahaha! peace! just a tease. Nothing more. lol! hahaha!*







CYMA Greek Taverna
Branches: Greenbelt Makati / Shangri-la Plaza / Eastwood Mall / Boracay / Ayala Terraces Cebu / and the newly opened Robinson's Midtown
Tel. Nos.:  +632.836.2432
Website : http://www.cymarestaurants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...