Tuesday, October 18, 2011

GIMIKAINAN SESSIONS 4: Abella's Residence in Binangonan Rizal


          My family loves grilled dishes.
We started grilling when were very little. My dad would build an improvised griller in Libya and we’d all take a stick and grill any meat that my mom prepared. And it went on until my dad got a really nice job and we bought our very own big grilling equipment. When we went here in the Philippines it’s not really advisable especially when you live in a condo to have a charcoal grilled meat. Not unless you have your own house and a yard to do the grilling. So my mom and dad bought a house in Binangonan, Rizal, and it’s a beautiful house.
The griller that we have right now is actually just a cheap one. We had to buy a cheap one because we were hosting a party one day that we really didn’t have any time to buy the really expensive one the one that works on gas. But we were lucky to buy this one because it’s been ok for the past 6 months. I, together with my best friend Jessica bought this for P3000.00++ in SM MOA and I just want to share a brief story about it. When I saw this griller, I figured it could be disassembled and if we buy it, it wouldn’t be hard to carry it and load it in a trunk. Unfortunately, we thought wrong, it can’t be disassembled and you have to carry the whole thing. You know how MOA is. It’s big and the taxi bay is way too far from the department store. We walked a long way and trying hard to take care of the griller since it’s cheap and it might break easily. I was sweating really bad, kept on complaining why I bought such a thing. But eventually we took a cab, wrap the whole thing with an improvised rope. An etc. it was really bad. Yeah that’s the story of our mighty griller. Hahaha!
So what do we have?


my sister jheii and my dearest brother posing for the camera and enjoying his doritos chips and C2.. no alcohol...
 My dad and my sisters - Rosalie , Liit and Jheii


Made some Tacos - Mom's Request..- basically I just grilled/toasted the taco shells, then filling; ground pork, ranch dressing, onion and ice berg lettuce, bell pepper grilled, tomatoes grilled and cheese. Actually we just used the ones that were available in the house. But you can use ground beef, the for the dressing you can mix cream cheese with dried herbs then sour cream. I grilled the bell peppers because I like the smokey flavor and so as with the tomatoes. 

 So on the grill - we have Hotdogs, Chicken and pork. Usually we do our own version of marinating sauce but since we have those leftovers from last week that we bought at supermarkets. We just finish them off. Maybe next time I can share some ingredients on how we do our marinating sauce.

 The skewered bbq costs P30.00++ each stick in the meat section in your nearest supermarkets. It's actually pork. They also have chicken so you can try that. 
 Tender Juicy hot dogs. We usually buy the Jumbo sized ones. Its bigger and it takes forever to finish. HAHA!
 We actually wanted the inasal flavored ones. but since we saw that there were a lot of garlic cloves in it, we just chose the bbq flavor ones which costs P55.00 each leg part. Its actually affordable since it's really huge. 
 My dad doing his thing with those deliciousness... hahaha! 

 YUP! I'm the FAT GIRL! hahahaha! this is me! hahaha! YUMMY!!! 
 and these my lovely readers and viewers are the good companions... San Miguel Light and Tanduay Ice.  

and my personal favorite Kahlua on the rocks with cherry... - yep...!!! 

hahaha yes.. they were drunk.. hahahaha!



Anyways.. don't try this at home specially if you are not guided by parents or someone older than you are. This doesn't happen everyday.. well.. probably with them.. hahaha! ssshhhh... But this is our family... We have fun, we eat, we are a family... I hope you guys enjoy reading this blog.. You can always have your own gimikainan sessions at home.. especially with your love ones.. Thank you! and let me know if you guys have any Gimikainan Sessions like this at home... 




Eat HAPPY Everyone!!
Kwaizz miya miya!!

Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...