Saturday, October 22, 2011

Welcome aboard...


Fish & Co. Seafood in a Pan started in the Philippines last September 27, 2005. It opened at Greenbelt 3 and on October 26 at Shangri-La Mall Edsa with its two more hit branches in Mall of Asia and Trinoma in less than two years. Last April 5, 2009 Fish & Co. made a grand splash at Alabang Town Center.
"Dig in to the unique menu of fish and seafood that are literally from seven seas. The food is good and fresh, as expected and it's so fresh, the food is served straight up in a pan! Fish & Co. took this cue from the Mediterranean fishermen who caught seafood fresh and cook them immediately in the pan and made it their own. Favorites are Mussels in lemon butter sauce, Fried Calamari, Seafood Platter and the best Fish & Chips in town, and a specialty menu of their own home creation drinks and desserts." – Fish & Co. Website

I love Fish & Co. Moa. I love the Fisherians.. I experience the world of fine dine in because of them. They trained me very well and they opened my eyes in the real world of hospitality industry. It didn’t just involve books and notes but the real thing. How we start from peeling off the skins of carrots and Chayote to grilling and frying then comes to plating the dishes. What a progress it was…
I missed everyone; I missed the servers and most specially the ones that are assigned at the pack of the house. I missed you guys! Every morning we do a pre-shift or a meeting to discuss what are the latest news about the restaurants, how are they doing when it comes to sales and etc. After the meeting we do the Pledge. Fish and Co. has this pledge on how we should treat our customers and how we should be to give excellent service. It might be a surprise but each morning we pledge it reminds us of how we are and how we’re not.
It starts at 9 in the morning; we prepare every thing we need for the whole day. We make sure that we have enough backups for the whole day. I was assigned in the pantry and sometimes in the pasta area. If I’m lucky I sometimes go and hang at the grilling station. People there are amazing. They’re like a family to me.
In all of my blogs, I usually judge the looks of the dining area but never really seeing what at the back or in the kitchen area. Based on experience, Fish and Co. cleans the kitchen every start of the shift and after shifts. They make sure to sanitize before cooking. Clean is Healthy! Once a week they have pest control which makes it more a reliable restaurant.
The servers are dressed in navy blue which matches the theme of the restaurant. They have their own guards. They have a receptionist, outside tables for the smoking area and their own restrooms. Before they have a menu on the wall but this time they have under the sea wall paper, which kind of puts you on a more colorful atmosphere.
The place is still clean as I’ve started my On the Job Training. Everything was very appealing and very attractive. Fish & Co. accepts reservation for bulk orders, they even have their catering services, they accept cash and credit cards. They also have premier shows or sports broadcast for a fair amount.
Fish & Co. Specialties are; 1) Seafood Platter P800++ which has their freshest clams and mussles, cream dory, calamari, shrimp and their delicious seafood rice. 2) Fish & Chips P400++, they have different kinds of fish & chips they have the regular ones and they also have the ones that has stuffing in them then they are fried to perfection. And their flavored fries! 3) Seafood Curry P650.00  is also a best seller, the spicy coconut sauce and the curry and the seafood that goes along with it! You have to try this dish!
this photo was taken last year, here's my godmother trying to reach something and with her is the seafood platter. 


For their wines, they have a few selections but they really don’t have the permanent ones, but mostly you should expect a couple of varieties of white wine since they serve more seafood. They also have cocktails and mocktails that are to die for.
                Personally I tried their Seafood curry and Seafood Platter and it really tasted amazing! The pork chops with basilico toppings. One of a kind! Two thumbs on those dishes.
The place was full, so I and my very loving boyfriend decided to sit outside. The receptionist, Danica was able to give us the menu, what was the soup of the day and she was very friendly. After a while, our server which happens to be a supervisor as well named Mr. Paul Camay, took our orders. He was able to improvised us with recommendations and etc. He was very friendly as well, knowing it was close to 10pm, he was dressed up properly and no stains! Good Job on that!
For our drinks, I had the raspberry fizz . And he had bottomless Coke.
We had an appetizer which is Fried Calamari P435.00 – you have an option, if you want it grilled or fried.. I like the fried calamari; they put some sort of spice which makes the dish more appetizing and encouraging in a way. I like it!


I had the Prawn Fettuccine P595.00 – one of my favorites. It’s with a home-made sauce- chopped chili in creamy garlic sauce with mushroom. The ones that I had in the past, the pasta is al dente and it was fine but the one that I just had was a bit over cooked and the sauce started to curdle a little. But it really didn’t matter since the taste was really good and the mushroom had a certain kick to the dish, prawns were very delicious.


My boyfriend chose Breaded Chicken Piggyback  P435.00 – It has the piggyback because it has toppings. The Chicken breast Fillet is topped with shrimp, marinara sauce and mozzarella au gratin. This is actually a new dish. I’d be honest, we really didn’t like the dish that much, there’s too much going on. And the pasta was very chewy and it was kind of dry for my taste. “Makunat” The chicken was cooked perfectly, the sauce was tasty and the mozzarella, who wouldn’t want some cheese. We didn’t finish the dish, we just took to go and left the spaghetti.

     I had to sty a bit longer, so we ordered a couple of alcoholic beverages. My boyfriend was simple, so he just ordered a few bottles of beer San Miguel Super Dry – P90.00 each. As I mention, there were a lot to choose from so I asked Bernard, if he would be kind enough to help me pick one drink that is great. And he was really nice and he had a serious eyes but he was cool. He recommended the Passionade P175.00. It’s a mixed of Passion Fruit and Vodka. I will say it is a very good drink! It was very refreshing and it really didn’t taste vodka at all.  You can order probably 3 more and you won’t be drunk. It came out with a regular glass.  


                And for my family from the back of the house thank you for giving me a free dessert! A Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake P190.00 – it’s a very moist chocolate fudge, served with vanilla ice cream and glazed more chocolate syrup. This is also one of the many dishes that I prepared with them. I missed it. *sigh* Thank You guys!

I’ve waited for such a long time to blog about Fish and Co Moa branch. Thanks to my boyfriend who went with me. I love you so much! I enjoyed every minute of it. And to the manager Ms. Maricel Gannaban, thank you so much for remembering me.
I remembered crying when me and my schoolmates who joined the team as well was about to end our OJT, I was crying really hard and felt I was about to lose something in my life so dear. I missed the people in Fish and Co. I missed every thing.
I love you guys! You’ll always have a special place in my life. Thank You.

Eat HAPPY Everyone!!
Kwaizz miya miya!!

Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl



Fish & Co. Seafood in a Pan
Grd Floor, South Wing, Entertainment Center, SM Mall of Asia Pasay
556-0683
 http://www.fish-co.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...