Wednesday, October 12, 2011

RANT BLOG 1 : Kangaroo Jack

October12, 2011 me and my lovely sister went to Robinsons Manila to buy some gifts for our sister. So we did. And afterwards she was really complaining of how hungry she was. And the first thing that came to her mind is "Kangaroo Jack" I've been there once and to be honest it was not really welcoming. It was my  sister's birthday the next day so we celebrated a mini-advance birthday party. And I decided to give it a second chance...

Kangaroo Jack. Sheeshh... where to begin. Ok. here it is. The receptionist, she was neat, clean and pretty. BUT! There's a big BUT, she was not able to assist or accompany us in getting a seat,we stayed and stared at her for a minute or two but still she kept on gossiping with the old lady and totally IGNORED US! what a.... *zip it!* And take note guys, the manager saw what she was doing and He didn't even bothered to help me and my sister in getting seats! He just waited for his other crew to help us! Is that the was a manager is suppose to act? seriously?

There were a lot of servers, but only one who was very kind enough to let us choose our seat and waited for us to settle in. They're dressed up like their adventurers or archaeologists something like that. Browns and Dark Browns are their basic uniform colors, managers are wearing jeans. The staff had a different world. They look tired, they looked lazy and they were not really smiling.

The place was clean and obviously it was newly built. The set up had an outback kind of a theme to it. There were also african-like statues, had like a wild life theme or forest friendly environment, something like that. Utensil/ table set up are done upon entering the store. I like their architecture and interior. I don't know if the concept or by handbook it's more on the fast food chain kind of establishment, probably price basis it is but still I don't really know which class they are.


Me and My sister (Jheii) taking pictures.




For our drinks; I ordered a Four Season Juice P30.00++. And for my sister it is  a Mango Shake P40.00++.
My sister ordered their Porterhouse Steak P200.00++. It was sizzling hot, not that tender, the corn cob was grilled, Java rice was a bit dry but the flavor or the taste is good.




I had the Pesto p150.00++. I'm sorry... BUT THIS IS THE WORST PESTO I'VE EVER HAD! IN THEIR MENU THE DESCRIPTION SAYS "PASTA IS AL DENTE SAUTEED IN OLIVE OIL, WITH FRESH BASIL PASTE WITH GARLIC BREAD" THE PASTA WAS OVER COOKED, IT WAS TOO OILY, IT'S LIKE YOU HAVE AN OIL SOUP, AND THE BASIL PASTE? I NEVER TASTED THAT! TRUE THAT PESTO IS SUPPOSE TO BE A BIT OILY BUT NOT TOO MUCH!  IT SHOULD BE HEALTHY OIL, THE CHICKEN WAS HARD TO CHEW AND IT COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER... THERE WAS A VERY DISGUSTING, SHORT AND CURLY HAIR IN THAT PLATE! I LOST MY APPETITE AND THEN JUST HAD THE PLATE SET ASIDE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! IT WAS REALLY BAD! I NEVER WANT TO EAT IN THERE! EVER AGAIN!






BAD SERVICE. BAD FOOD. DIRTY AND NOT TO MENTION , UNHEALTHY! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! "ok lang sana kung straight ang hair, it really looked as if it was really curly. parang galing sa kung saan! if you guys can only see kung gaano kadiri ung buhok na un!" 


After my sister was done eating, we immediately paid the bill and talked to one of their servers, and said that there was something nasty in that pasta and I can't bare it! It was really  "kadiri!" And run towards the exit! It felt like there was someone following us! REALLY BAD!




i'm sorry guys! this is how i am! if you want to get good review, do your job well! sinong gustong may dumi ang pagkain nila? NOT ME! I am being honest here! If i like something, I will blog it! If it's a bad experience for me, well it's still something to blog about! Before I blog, I make sure to give each establishment a chance to make it up to me, even without knowing that I am  Food Blogger/Critic. It suppose to be equal, all that enters your restaurant is a guest. I don't know if they have ethics or hospitality training, but during those two visits... I never felt welcomed or taken care of. They really didn't care at all. Well I don't blame them if they don't have any service training, why would they care if all they really want is to sell dishes and just get paid. DONE!


Clean and sanitize your dishes and make sure no curly pubic hair is on the plate! GOT THAT? 




My valued readers and viewers.. please make sure all of the dishes you're eating is clean and healthy! otherwise LEAVE AS EARLY AS YOU CAN!


Thank YOU for reading this RANT BLOG!






Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl




Kangaroo Jack Restaurant
Level 1 Padre Faura Wing,
Robinson's Place Ermita
Manila, Philippines

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, sorry to hear about that.
    Me and my partner dined at Kangaroo Jack too and wasn't impressed by the food at all. The staff bordered on being bored and surly (not even a welcome greeting or thank you when we left), and the fake Australian ambiance is ridiculous. They had the nerve to charge so high. My advice, if you want a better dining experience go to Racks instead. RACKS. They've got great food, great music, and friendly staff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...