Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finally at Chili's Bar and Grill


I can't count how many times I wanted to eat at Chili's Bar and Grill.
It took me 2 months before I finally decided to check it out.

I and my special someone planned to have dinner in Makati.  So we did.
It was late but fortunately for Chili's on weekdays they are open till 12am. And on the weekends it opens until 2am.
I’ve always kept an eye on Chili’s Bar and Grill. I’ve been craving for it. And I’ve been forcing my boyfriend to join me. So he finally did. Thanks Love!

We love spicy food. Anything hot and spicy we both like it.
When we arrived there, we thought we had to wait to get seats since there were a lot of people were dining in. But fortunately for us, there were available seats.

I read that Chili’s started with Hamburgers. “Created as a hamburger restaurant/chili house with a uniquely Southwestern flair, Chili's served homemade- quality food, draft beer and frozen drinks in a casual atmosphere.“


I wasn’t really feeling the servers at first, specifically the ones that were assigned at the entrance. They looked tired. They looked sleepy. They were not really pleasing. Probably it was already 9pm and they were so tired that they really needed to show their guests how tired they were. And to think they were two of them that time.

So they gave us seats and took off. The girl wasn’t able to introduce to us who will be our server or what’s on the menu or anything like that. She was just too tired. Oh well she was tired. That’s it.

The place was very colorful. It was captivating. Mexican style architecture. Tables and chairs were clean as well. I loved their ceramic designed tables. Table setting is done once the customers are seated. Then server gives the menu.

Anyways, everything changed when Laine, the sweetest and kindest looking lady, who was very pleasing to look at, she was always smiling, she was very friendly, and she was very happy to serve us. Even though it was 9pm she was still active and didn’t look tired. Her clothes were clean and she looked fresh.

I told her it was our first time so she should help us what to get. She was able to provide us recommended dishes. She also explained which dish is one of their best sellers and what is a ‘must try’.
There’s a lot to choose from. From steaks to seafood you name it. They have it all at Chili’s.

Some of Chili’s Bar and Grill Specialties:
Appetizers:
Bottomless Tostada Chips310.00 - Warm and crispy tostada chips with their flavorful house-made salsa. This dish is one of many that everyone orders.

Big mouth burgers:
Big Mouth Burger Bites P360.00 - Four savory mini beef burgers with bacon, American cheese, sauteed onions and ranch dressing
Bacon Burger P350.00 - Topped with bacon, aged cheddar cheese, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and pickle
Old Timer P295.00 - Mouth-watering burger with mustard, shredded lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion
Add-on choices: Chili 85.00, Cheese 40.00


Desserts:
High and Mighty Pie P390.00 - Healthy candy pieces in rich vanilla ice cream, piled high on a crushed Oreo cookie crust and drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce
Molten Chocolate Cake P390.00 - Warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling, topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell.

Beverages
They have a wide selection on different kinds of drinks. wether it'd be non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverages. It's up to you!
I would recommend the Presidente Margarita P300.00 - Hand-shaken Margarita made with Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Grand Marnier and Brandy.
Top Shelf and Frozen Top Shelf Flavored Ritas are also one of their best sellers.


There were so many to choose from, good thing Lain was there to help us choose. She explained every dish that we ask her.

So for my drinks I ordered the Presidente Margarita. Which was absolutely amazing, I couldn’t get enough of it. It came with a tiny shaker. Then on the margarita glass they used sea salt to trace the ends of the glass. It was refreshing and obviously good! And my boyfriend got himself a bottomless Sprite which was served in a beer mug which was kind of cute.





For Starters we tried the Triple Play  P475.00 - It has their three favorite starters which are Chicken Crispers, Buffalo Wings and Southwestern Egg rolls with 3 different sauces(Honey-mustard, blue cheese and ranch) for dipping. It was worth it. I loved the chicken crispers. The Buffalo wings were very soft and tender and the egg rolls were warm and very delicious. I can’t say anything bad. A must try!

  

I got the Cajun Chicken Pasta P485.00 – This is a pasta dish with sliced Cajun-seasoned chicken breast on penne pasta with creamy Alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese and garlic toast. The spring onions were overpowering the dish. But I can taste the Cajun flavor. More sauce would probably make it perfect. The pasta was cooked al dente. I wasn’t sure with the garlic toast. It wasn’t toasted enough but its ok. I liked it that way. Chicken was grilled perfectly as well.


And as for my boyfriend. He got the Grilled Baby Back Ribs P570.00 – A Full rack of ribs which is triple-basted with the most remarkable BBQ sauce made by Chili’s, served with sweet corn on the cob and home style fries. But my boyfriend wanted rice so he replaced the fries.

Chili’s Bar and Grill offers Kid-friendly dishes as well. They accept credit cards. They also recommend calling for reservations. I’m not sure about their corkage fees though, since it is already a bar there’s no need to bring any alcoholic beverages, they probably have everything you want.

We both enjoyed our dinner. Had a few drinks. After my two servings of Presidente Margarita I ordered a on-the-rocks Khalua with cherry. And he ordered 3 bottles of San Miguel Super Dry. Which was very dry! I enjoyed the food and I was happy. It wasn’t upsetting.

The manager though didn’t check up on us but the bar was jam-packed so I guess it was alright. After a while Laine ended her shift and introduce a new server who’s name is Ken. He was always smiling and he was giving us a few jokes, which I totally appreciate. See here’s the thing a lot of servers lose the attitude of being alive and active. They lose their ability to smile to guests especially at night. They become lazy, tired-looking and eventually sleepy. Thumbs up to Laine and Ken for being so friendly! You should receive a tap on the shoulder from your managers.

Anyways, we didn’t had room for dessert which is unfortunate because I heard their Molten Chocolate Cake is to die for. Oh well probably next time. I enjoyed the food and the drinks. Our servers who were so patient and kind. Thank You very much.

I will be back, hopefully with my family. We’ll try to think of it as the next Family Fave Resto. We’ll see…
After all they say that “After all this time you'll still find that Chili's is truly like Like No Place Else.”


Eat HAPPY Everyone!!
Kwaizz miya miya!!

Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl

Chili’s Bar and Grill
Branches: Greenbelt, Greenhills and Tomas Morato
Tel. Nos.:   (02) 729-3022
Website :  http://www.chilisphilippines.com






p.s. 
I will be posting my next stop so that you guys can join me or hang out. Maybe we can agree on something.. hahaha! we'll see.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...