Monday, September 26, 2011

Feeling Greek

I went to Glorietta. And I wanted to eat at CYMA but I saw that there were a lot of people. Sad. But I went on and decided to eat dinner at the Food Choices. While strolling and trying to choose the right dinner for my super hungry tummy. at the very corner of the food choices court. I found this little stall called "GO GREEK" so since I was super craving for Greek and even though i wasn't able to eat at CYMA, I was so lucky to find this little stall of greek goodness.. you can't find it right away since it is located at the very back end of food choices.

I grew up in Libya. So basically I know how lamb tastes like since it was one of their main meat in the city. Looking into the menu they have platters to choose from like Lamb platter, Moussaka platter and Lemon chicken Platter. Basically platter for them means meal. They gave you options what would you like match those sweet goodness. Salad, Rice and Potato wedges. I believe they also accept huge orders like a whole chicken, 5 pieces of lamb.

So I chose my fave Lamb Platter and a friend chooses a Lemon Chicken Platter.



 Lemon Chicken Platter - Breast Part. It taste lemon-y and garlic-y. I am not really a big fan of garlic dishes. This was one tough garlic flavored chicken. It had a lot of slices of garlic. at first when the waiter was pouring those slices, I thought they were mushrooms. We had to set aside those because it was too much. The side salad was amazing, i had olives, romaine, tomatoes and parmesan (although it should've been feta cheese) The long grain rice i think was a basmati rice. it was light, long and tender. The chicken was cooked perfectly. still had a few juice. tender. and delicious.


Lamb Platter - oopss.. sorry i had to take a bite before i took a picture. i couldn't resist the urge to taste the beautiful smell of the grilled lamb. as i slice a piece uhhh boy oh boy oh boy.. it felt like i'm in heaven. The knife can cut right through it. it took them about 10mins to cook it so i really had to wait making sure I won't complain about it. I tell you it was worth the wait. The lamb was grilled perfectly. The juices and the sauce was perfect. I the oil that drains from the inside going outside of the meat. it was amazing! I had a side salad and potato wedges. Goodness.. i can still taste the lamb..
I will be back... And will try those kebab platters... drools again...



EAT HAPPY EVERYONE!
Kwais miya miya!






Go Greek!
Branches : Food Choices, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center Makati City, Metro Manila Philippines
Tel. Nos.: (02) 729-0623

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...