Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I hate GARLIK! do i?

"Krazy Garlik"

I am not a FAN OF GARLIC!!





once you say Garlic.. OH HELL NO! NO WAY! and you immediately see me running out the door.


I guess hating garlic came from my dad. Some people tease us as the "ASWANGS". Superticious. Blah Blah.


Anyways... Me and my friends decided to do a mini reunion. And ofcourse being obssesed with food. It was the activity of the night. EAT! EAT! EAT!


So off ot Greenbelt. We were kinda arguing if we'd go to Chilis or Krazy Garlik.


We walk passed chilis around 8pm and it was full. People were in line just to taste the unlimitted nachos.


Not that they don't need to order anything else.hahaha!


Anyways so next stop was Krazy Garlik and yes, there were still available seats. LUCKY us!


Again, Not a fan of GARLIC!


The was a receiving server.. Greeted us kindly. She was smiling and every crew was able to say hi and we were assisted to our seats. There were 3 of us. Our server named Hanie was so fragile and nice.




Kept herself intact even though people started to come in. She was able to serve us properly.

Krazy Garlik is a bistro type of resto that showcases the taste of garlic. On every dish Hanie said. Even after dining they see to it that there should be an aftertaste of garlic before and after dining in with them.

The setting was nice. I love the music. it was not too loud it was not too soft. Me and my friends were still able to hear each other. There were two tvs but we didn't really care about it since we were there for the food and we wanted to make "kwento". Tables and Chairs were clean. silverwares were incredibly shiny and clean. set up was also ok.

I was an intern before in one of the sister companies of Krazy Garlik. The group is called Bistro Group. They have Flapjacks, Fish and Co., Fridays, Billy Rock and a lot more. I know how they provide service.


They trained us well. With the service they provide they see to it that they put a smile on the cutomers' faces. They make sure that dishes are well served. Hot and ofcourse no hair strands. Hanie did a good job.


Price was almost the same with the other bistro casual dining restaurants. For me Krazy Garlik was too pricy based on the ingredients that they use it shouldn't be that expensive. Filipinos are known to love food and flavors and I can say that Krazy Garlik is one of the few that Filipinos should try but it would be sad if what's stopping them to dine in is the cost.

So enough with all the settings and service. Let's talk about food!

We asked what's their specialty and what would she recommend. Hanie was able to persuade me to try the pizza, pasta and main dish. Although we were still full at that time. I still took the risk. After all it's my first time.


For our drinks we had THE SHADOW and DRINK ME!



The size of these drinks were amazing! THEY WERE HUGE! In some restaurants I worry about the size of my drink will it fit the whole time I'm eating at that certain restaurant. So usually I end up ordering the bottomless drinks. But with these shakes. I will still be worrying about it, but not getting a new drink but how the hell am i going to finish this huge drink.



THE SHADOW (P180.00) - A mixed of dragon fruit and Vanilla, Strawberries and I believe there was a slight taste of garlic. probably a sweetened garlic or a garlic syrup. I liked the huge slice of dragon fruit. It was pink and very girlish. I really went gaga about it. Coz I like pink.


DRINK ME (P180.00)- Combination of Mango, Banana and Strawberry. Incrdible colors. I don't know how they do it. But its like a swirl of colors which made it very attractive. Its like you're thinking of sunsets and the beach.




 Appetizer - FRIED CALAMARI (P315.00) - oh yes and I've done it again.. I love fried calamari. Almost every resto I've been to, I always have the fried calamari as our appetizer. It was good. the dipping sauce has a lot of garlic flavor. there was cellery,  probably some pickles. they call it aioli dressing. nothing new though. nothing that would wow me. it is the usual taste of calamari. But i would say that it was very tender. i didn't had a hard time biting on it. It was not chewy at all. It was absolutely cooked perfectly.  
Pizza - BBQ GARLIC CHICKEN PIZZA (P450.00) - This 8 slices of pizza was sweet. I requested that the garlic flakes be put asided. And so they did. It had a BBQ sauce which was the main sauce for the crust then tiny cubed chicken breast with garlic mix marinate. A lot of Mozzarella Cheeze. The sweet BBQ sauce over powered the rest of the ingredients which was a little upsetting but I tried to sprinkle the Garlic Flakes which I don't normally do. But it's true there's always a first time. The combination of flavors were unbelievable. At first the pizza was not really ideal but when you put those crispy garlic flakes on top.. MAN YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG TREAT! The saltiness of the garlic flakes combined with the sweetness of the BBQ sauce turns into a great and over the top dish.


Pasta - FETTUCINE ORIENTE (P450.00) - Same price with the pizza. This dish is their best seller when it comes to pasta. It's tag as "Go krazy with this". This pasta was the best fettucine I've ever tasted. It was very tasteful. Sauce was incredible. If it wasn't embarrassing to lick the plate I would probably have done that! There were chinese greens which at first was kind of weird but it all went together. The mussels were fresh. Plate was warm. Fettuccine was al dente. Belissima! I would've ordered another plate but I wanted to give taste to everything first before I do that. Haha! but the next time I'll visit the resto I will surely order this one again!

Main Dish - PORK RIB ADOBO (P495.00) - This Filipino dish is not that tasty. Maybe I was looking for something more dry more garlic flavored adobo. This was more on the light flavored adobo. Perhaps to please foreign customers since Filipino adobo is more flavored. more salty. The meat was so soft. very tender! When you bite into it . it just melts in your mouth. I like the sauce. I like the roasted garlic. One thing i was looking for was more garlic. But all in all it was AMAZING! 

 
 And couldn't we be happier. The manager came to us and asked us how was our food. And obviously we have given him a thumbs up for making me LIKE GARLIC. hahaha! Kudos Mr. Georjet Guevarra.
Please forgive me if i spelled out your name wrong. but you know who you are and Thank you for the delicious and most intriguing dessert I have ever tasted ; Dessert - CREMA CATALANA (P195.00) - we got this dessert for free.. Thank you to the manager! HIGH FIVE GUYS!! Its spanish style crem brule with a twist.. The twist is candied garlic cloves.. WOOOH!! never heard that before. It still tasted the garlic although it's sweet. never thought it would match. but it was surprisingly good though.






KRAZY GARLIK what more can I see. Everything tasted garlic! i read this blog from one of the biggest blogger in the philippines. Mr. Anton Diaz. it was actually funny because he had this idea to put suggestions for the resto and in a way I agree to him. he said that it would be best if they had mouth wash in the washroom so that no one hesitates to eat a lot and worry about the after taste. And i totally agree on that. hahaha!


But I'm glad I tried KRAZY GARLIK!


And did i mention that i hated garlic. LET ME CORRECT THAT!
GOOD JOB! You changed my take on GARLIC!









Eat HAPPY Everyone!!
Kwaizz miya miya!!


Yours Truly,
Zielle a.k.a Fat Girl


Krazy Garlik
Branches: Greenbelt and Newport Mall
Tel. Nos.:   (02) 501-3752
Website : http://www.krazygarlik.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...